Re: [open-cobol-list] What do you think of JCL ?

From: Vincent Coen
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] What do you think of JCL ?
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 19:27:46 +0100

Hi Dave;

On Friday 20 Sep 2013 17:52:15 Dave Stratford wrote:

> One of my favourite commands in SCL is the WHENEVER command, which is

> usually used to trap errors, and allow job and program drivers to fail

> gracefully.

> If anyone wants some samples, I have loads here.

I am curious, is your site (or client/s) still running ICM 39 kit.

I did go to the trouble of seeing if there was any work for an old ex-prog in the late 2000's but could not find any vacs, well at least not for contractors or short service jobs contracts so ending up retiring instead and retiring is not all its cracked up to be, some days can get boring as there is only so much you can upgrade on a linux based system :)

Vince

.