Re: Should we take steps to reduce russian access to Free Software?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Should we take steps to reduce russian access to Free Software?
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 23:24:12 -0500

  > the reasson for me being rude is, that i find the letter of Devin U. so
  > very rude.

I have to say that I don't see anything rude in it, not even slightly.
It doesn't insult anyone, or criticize anyone.  There is no anger in
it.  Is it possible you've misunderstood the meaning of "rude"?

  > he wanted to know, i guess a valid question (if you dont know
  > that FSF is not a political organization)

Yes, it was a valid question.  Some people know enough about the FSF
to see what the answer would be.  But some people don't know,
so they will want to ask.

  > but the answer that i read is quite "politično angažiran" (translate
  > from slovene - politically motivated?). and signed with FSF credentials!

Devin is on the FSF staff, and his message says so.  I don't see
anything strange about that.

His message was political in the sense that it responded to a
political question about a political situation.  That's natural.

I don't know what "politično angažiran" means.  The words "politically
motivated" are vague; if you're trying to hint at something, I don't
know what it is.  It would be a mistake to try to guess!

I see you accused Devin of some sort of dishonesty or wrongdoing, but
that makes no sense to me.  I don't see any dishonesty or wrongdoing
in his message.  So I appreciate your apologizing for that.

Devin's message did have an imperfection: it was abstract and left
unanswered some practical questions about what the FSF would do.  I
hope my message answered those questions.  But that's not wrongdoing,
it's just an imperfection.  None of us is perfect, we can only do our
best.  Let's forgive each other.