Re: [Frescobaldi] Re: Mac testers needed for Frescobaldi!

From: Marnen Laibow-Koser
Subject: Re: [Frescobaldi] Re: Mac testers needed for Frescobaldi!
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 09:24:24 -0400

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 2:38 AM, Jeff Holland <address@hidden> wrote:

On Monday, May 12, 2014 12:44:14 AM UTC+2, Davide Liessi wrote:

Did you uninstall and reinstall only Frescobaldi?
You should try to uninstall Frescobaldi, Poppler and Qt and then
reinstall Frescobaldi

I uninstalled and reinstalled all of those (and probably some others too), but to no avail.

In what order did you uninstall and reinstall?  It's possible that some dependencies weren't met.

It remains a total mystery to me how or why the Music Viewer stopped working for me and why I can't fix it via Homebrew. (I only installed Homebrew in order to use Frescobaldi.)

Was this after a Mavericks upgrade?  Some things seem to have changed in Mavericks...

However, you should be able to fix this with a Homebrew reinstallation.

In the end, though, this doesn't matter much since I will be using the standalone Mac app anyway. (This will really open it up to a lot more Mac users.)

Hear, hear!  Is the standalone Mac app ready for real use yet?  I thought it wasn't.

Best,
--
Marnen Laibow-Koser
address@hidden