Re: error :GUILE signaled an error for the expression beginning here #

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: error :GUILE signaled an error for the expression beginning here #
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 15:25:47 +0000

From: lilypond-user <lilypond-user-bounces+carl.d.sorensen=gmail.com@gnu.org> on behalf of Knute Snortum <ksnortum@gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 at 9:15 AM
To: ming tsang <ming.tsang94@gmail.com>
Cc: David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org>, Thomas Morley <thomasmorley65@gmail.com>, lilypond-user <lilypond-user@gnu.org>, Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr>, Jonas Hahnfeld <hahnjo@hahnjo.de>

I don't think the error is caused by you not having the font, I think it's that the font doesn't have a glyph (character, sort of) for U+FFFD. I don't think all of the UTF-8 characters will work in the music view. The problem is the non-latin characters in the path of the source file you're trying to compile.

Yes, a roman font is unlikely to have CJK characters.  You could change your display/markup font to be a font that includes CJK characters.

Carl