RE: [Nel] NeL Network Engine

From: Ludovic LIEVRE
Subject: RE: [Nel] NeL Network Engine
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 17:14:50 +0100

Hi all,

We also build a MM game.

Our servers now run on NT and Linux and will soon be ported to Solaris.

I've read that with LinuxThreads, after 100 threads the performances of the
system downgrade.

Another question about network engine: will your messages all be TCP or UDP
? If UDP is used will you add a mechanism that make UDP reliable ?
In the first stages of our game, TCP was used. We made some test and we saw
a terrific ping (due to ACK mechanism) time even on our LAN (200ms). So we
decide to use UDP instead...