Re: [Nel] NeL Network Engine

From: Thierry Mallard
Subject: Re: [Nel] NeL Network Engine
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 08:31:06 +0100

On Mon, Feb 26, 2001 at 05:49:39PM +0100, Bernard Hugueney wrote:
> [ Linux and threads ]
> Well, I'm as far as possible from a threads expert, but I think that
> what makes LinuxThreads special is that they are system threads (vs user
> threads) maybe heavier, but making use of SMP, so basically, I think
> the max nb of threads is very much system dependand (SMP?).

In Linux 2.4.x, you may configure the maximum threads with
/proc/sys/kernel/threads-max, if i remember correctly.

But the default value (4096) is still much more that what the default kernel
can really handle nicely, as is it said in some other posts. We'll have to
look deeper into this...

        Shaman

--
Thierry Mallard              |