pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Please test my updated github master branch

From: walt
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Please test my updated github master branch
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 00:15:52 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 07 Jul 2011 13:44:19 +0000, Heinrich Mueller wrote:

> For those that know how to : Please test my code for bugs in the
> following modules if you have the time:
> - Upload functionality
> - Log functionality (right click on multipart posts)
> - Threading in discussions

Cheers Heinrich.  I've pulled and compiled the latest from your git repo, and
I'm
using the resulting binary to make this post :)

I hope you won't mind a minor detour away from pan, so I can tell a cherished
story:

For about two years I tracked, compiled, and tested the public svn repository
for the
VirtualBox Open Source Edition (OSE) project.  During that time I read hundreds
of
commit messages from the vbox devs, but this one is my all-time favorite:

aarghh!

That was it, the entire commit message in one word.  I could feel his pain but
I still
wished for a more descriptive message (after I stopped laughing).

I can see the happy word "bugfix" in your commit messages, but I'm not a good
enough
coder to look at the patches to understand which bug you are fixing.

Hmm, wait a minute.  I just did git log -p and I see now that you've been
documenting
your patches in the source files instead of the commit messages.  Well, I
learned
something today, thanks :)

But, I still don't know enough to tell exactly what tests you are asking us to
do.
Can you be more specific about how to do the tests you need?

And thanks for contributing to the pan project :)