pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Please test my updated github master branch - "patches_f

From: Heinrich Mueller
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Please test my updated github master branch - "patches_for_imhotep82_master_GIT-ef96111.diff" - yEnc (1/1)
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 21:28:13 +0200

On 07/12/11 08:58, SciFi wrote:
Hi,

I have problems with your GIT master at ef96111 level.

During compilation:
(1)  When 'make' got into the ./pan/gui section, it said the rng.cc file
      could not be found, which is needed by rng.o .  I removed all
      references to 'rng*' in the Makefiles under ./pan/gui, and the 'make'
      did then finish as expected (supposedly, I hope).
Fixed.

(3)  I'll try to attach a patch which is a 'git diff' between my fixed
      local copy and your current master, to handle both of these
      situations.
Didn't work for me, sorry. Send me an email directly, then.

(4)  Next, I know your --xzver option is experimental, but it isn't working
      usefully at all here.
      (a)  It caused some red-flag warnings in the pan log, during a run to
           get new headers at Gmane -- we see numerous "500 What?" messages
           in the log here, together with very odd "XZVER begin-end" number
           sequences (I have saved this log, maybe I can try attaching it to
           this message as well).
500 is obvious. The server doesn't support the command. If so,
the program barfs atm. As I said, experimental ;)
I think I'll put it into another branch.
      (b)  With my world-wide Usenet subscriptions at Giganews (primary) and
           Astraweb (fallback) both, no red-flag warnings were seen, but we
           also saw *no* updates in the newsgroup-subscription panel at all
           -- none were bold-faced, none had '(numbers)' after them, etc.
           This also was the result at Gmane, together with the already-
           mentioned red-flag warnings in its log.
I tested it with astranews and it worked, so I can't guess what's wrong.

Thank you for your feedback, much appreciated.
I can't recreate your yenc-error, sorry. Below you'll find an nzb file with some samples...

Also, my text introduction was repeated for each file in separate
postings, with no Reference line(s) joining the messages themselves
(while the proper Reference was included to follow your original
posting only).
Well, how many references would you like? GNKSA says the limit is something around 936 chars, so this would be impossible for large upload queues. Or am I understanding
you wrong??
I _could_ do as you suggested as an option, to let the user choose the repetition of the initial message in the posts or just the first, or let the message be seperate from the
binaries. I don't know what's better, yet.

These files should have been small enough such that they won't need the
"part" designation, based on the Preference setting (byte-count per file).
-OR-
There is no proper yEnc "ending part" to say there is no more.

UUEncodePartial appends a part counter for every upload, but I _could_ change that.

I'll try and fix those bugs. (And read your mails thoroughly this time ;) )

See you.