Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] PHP3 support

From: Dan Kuykendall (Seek3r)
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] PHP3 support
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 00:55:19 -0800

Leonardo Gomes Figueira wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  > Bummer. We are trying to get more developers to test in PHP3, but dont
>  > always have time.
>
> And i think it will get more and more difficult to get people running in
> PHP3...

But it is nessesary. We are a GNU project and without PHP3 support users
are forced to use the non-Free PHP4.
Additionally not everyone has control over their server to even be able
to upgrade.

To help solve the problem I have setup my 3 boxes so that my own
installs of phpGroupWare run under PHP3. This should help Miles not feel
so alone.

> I know dev code can stop working anytime, but it hapens much more if you
> are using PHP3, that's one of the ideas i wanted to say in that message.

Hopefully I can help with this

Seek3r