Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpgeoupware, sync4j 4.0.4 & sync module f

From: Philipp Kamps
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpgeoupware, sync4j 4.0.4 & sync module from CVS
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 17:59:38 +0100

Hi,

Am Mo, den 20.12.2004 schrieb Ochal Christophe um 16:11:
> Hi,
>
> > We only have a syn4j module for the old sync4j
> > (Version 1.2). But we are happy to include a patch
> > which will make the module compatible with the
> > new sync4j server ;-)
>
> How does it actually work? Does the syncmodule do the syncing
> automaticly? Or does php call it for syncing? I noticed that the
> current php module has options for listing sources & devices, but no
> way to add any, does this happen through sync4j aswell?
Sync4J (or the phpgw module for sync4j) uses XML-RPC for
a communication with phpgw. On phpgw side there is a IPC
layer which is actually reading/writing contacts/appointments etc.

> If the sync4j module is responisble for syncing, does it only work for
> the user defined in Sync4j.properties?
You can sync with all valid phpgw users. Sync4j calls the normal
auth classes from phpgw.
The user you specify in Sync4j.properties must be a valid one.
He is used to add new sync sources (pda) to the db tables in
phpgw. He's not used for actually syncing stuff.

Greetings, fips

> Sorry for overloading you with questions like this, but i've been
> hoping for a project like this for ages ;)
>
> > Greetings, fips
> ----
> Ochal Christophe

Philipp Kamps
- Team Softwareentwicklung -
pro|business AG
Expo Plaza 1
30539 Hannover
Telefon    05 11 / 6 00 66 - 333
Telefax    05 11 / 6 00 66 - 355
E-Mail     address@hidden

Informieren Sie sich über unsere aktuellen Veranstaltungen
        unter www.probusiness.de/aktuelles/