New RPMs available (Re: will investigate RedHat RPM problem

From: Paul E Johnson
Subject: New RPMs available (Re: will investigate RedHat RPM problem
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 19:00:28 -0600

"Marcus G. Daniels" wrote:

> PJ> I have been vacationing. For the first time ever, I left computing
> PJ> behind for a whole 10 days!
>
> Paul lies.  I have an e-mail from him dated March 19.  :-)
>
>                   ==================================
e-mail doesn't hardly count as computing :)

I don't know about what might have gone wrong for other RedHat users,
but my 7.0 system with upgraded whatevers and my hdf5 1.2.2 worked fine.

SO you can get here, as you want:

For crappy old computers:
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.x_RPMSforRH7/i386/swarm-hdf5-2.1.51.20010320-1.RH7.jdk13.i386.rpm

http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.x_RPMSforRH7/i386/swarm-hdf5-jdk-2.1.51.20010320-1.RH7.jdk13.i386.rpm

http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.x_RPMSforRH7/i386/swarm-hdf5-static-2.1.51.20010320-1.RH7.jdk13.i386.rpm

For new less sucky computers:

http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.x_RPMSforRH7/i686/swarm-hdf5-2.1.51.20010320-1.RH7.jdk13.i686.rpm

http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.x_RPMSforRH7/i686/swarm-hdf5-jdk-2.1.51.20010320-1.RH7.jdk13.i686.rpm

http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.x_RPMSforRH7/i686/swarm-hdf5-static-2.1.51.20010320-1.RH7.jdk13.i686.rpm

In case you want to find out why you can't build Swarm on your RH
system, I've uploaded the SRPM file, which you can try to rebuild on
your system.

http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.x_RPMSforRH7/swarm-hdf5-2.1.51.20010320-1.RH7.jdk13.src.rpm

If the old song

rpm -ba swarm-hdf5-2.1.51.20010320-1.RH7.jdk13.src.rpm

does not work, it will tell you something vital, because that does work
on my system.

Make sure you have jikes, hdf5, blt, tcl/tk, etc.  No longer do we need
libffi or tclobjc, as Marcus has incorporated that functionality inside
swarm itself.

If you want the packages for support software, you can check here:

http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/miscSupportSoftware/

(I've run into people who have trouble using the hdf5 binaries from NCSA
itself, but my rpm version has been universally well received and I'm up
for an oscar for it!)

The more I think about this, the more I suspect the funny business
reported earlier today had to do with the failure to do a "make
distclean" between a failed build and another attempt after a
reinstallation of something or other.