guix-devel

Re: An appeal to empathy on actual hurt caused by this thread

From: Ekaitz Zarraga
Subject: Re: An appeal to empathy on actual hurt caused by this thread
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 22:52:59 +0000

Just to keep it clear, Taylan,

You didn't in any case listen to what I actually said which
was that you are forcing us to have this debate. You don't
care if we want or we don't.

I don't want to have this discussion and you are still
pushing.

I never said you were wrong or not, just wanted you to stop.
I wanted you to stop before it was too late for everyone,
and you didn't. I guess *your* views are more important than
that.

In any case, let me tell you something. You could have been
a more intelligent person and just directly propose an update
on the CoC that follows what upstream does and you'd get
absolutely no opposition. The only reason why Zimoun's update
on the CoC had some opposition was because of the noise you
provoked before.

Instead, you decided to make noise and propose a change that
had some discussion upstream. Why? I don't know. That's
something only you can explain.

If you really wanted to change the CoC, that would be the most
intelligent and innocuous way to do it. Even the people who
argued with you said they were ok with the update!

Seriously, at this point I don't understand what you were
expecting from this conversation. You already knew it was a
convoluted topic, you knew you were going to hurt people...

You did all this *because* of that, not regardless. It's more
than obvious you wanted to make the noise. You were poking
the community to see how we responded.

It's obvious you have personal issues with the topic. But as
I already stated, this is a *software project*. This is not
a place for your personal fights or for social experiments.

The only thing that will remain is that you had the chance
to decide and you decided to make this circus.

Congratulations.

PS: I also want to congratulate Zimoun for the "best apology
of the year" prize. I'm completely amazed. The way the
apology turns to be you just blaming others... An absolute
masterpiece.

PS2: Yes, I'm upset.