guix-devel

Re: An appeal to empathy on actual hurt caused by this thread

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: An appeal to empathy on actual hurt caused by this thread
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2022 01:12:30 +0100

Taylan,

You have been asked repeatedly to stop and yet, you just reiterated what
we know has already proven to be hurtful.  That’s enough.

Some things are indeed not up for debate, and the spirit of the code of
conduct is one of them.  As I return from vacation, I see that long
thread that immediately went off-topic, but more importantly evidently
turned out to be unwelcoming and hurtful.

This has no place in this project.  This is the very meaning of the
pledge that the project’s code of conduct is.

Let’s keep this a place where we can hack the good hack and enjoy each
other’s company.

Ludo’.