guix-devel

Re: An appeal to empathy on actual hurt caused by this thread

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Re: An appeal to empathy on actual hurt caused by this thread
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 21:39:52 -0500

Hi,

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:

> Taylan,
>
> You have been asked repeatedly to stop and yet, you just reiterated what
> we know has already proven to be hurtful.  That’s enough.

I agree.  Let's put an end to this and related threads that don't
further our project in any positive way.  The Guix maintainers will meet
tomorrow and discuss what can be done to avoid such situation in the
future.

Taylan, until our decision is made, I'd like to ask you to cease any
discussion on this topic in any of the Guix communication spaces.  If
there's some change you'd like to propose to the CoC, please consult
with upstream, and do it respectfully (even if/when they refuse).

I offer my apologies to everyone for not reacting earlier.

Sincerely,

Maxim