Re: Confusing/bogus message in config.log

From: Derek R. Price
Subject: Re: Confusing/bogus message in config.log
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 10:20:40 -0500

"Lars J. Aas" wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 08:29:19AM -0500, Derek R. Price wrote:
> : I also don't see a reason why it would be very useful to maintain a version
> : on a configure script separate from the pacage version.  Anyone else?
>
> If you follow development sources through CVS, it can be a good idea, but
> using AC_REVISION() solves that issue.

Too bad it's not easier to include the AC_REVISION string in the version string
only when built from the CVS sources or the like.  Say, let 'make dist' remove
it.  :(

> :     configure (generated by GNU Autoconf AC_ACVERSION for
> : AC_PACKAGE_STRING) AC_PACKAGE_VERSION
>
> AC_PACKAGE_VERSION is part of AC_PACKAGE_STRING, and I think it will look
> strange when you get the same version number twice like
>
>   ... (GNU Emax 19.34) 19.34
>
> Using the PACKAGE string that doesn't contain the version will perhaps look
> better.

Um, yeah, that's what I meant.  I assumed I knew what you meant before without
looking it up.

Derek

--
Derek Price                      CVS Solutions Architect ( http://CVSHome.org )
mailto:address@hidden         CollabNet ( http://collab.net )
Mud is not one of the 4 food groups.
Mud is not one of the 4 food groups...

          - Bart Simpson on chalkboard, _The Simpsons_