Re: Bazaar migration status?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Bazaar migration status?
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 07:16:45 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>> As far as I know, the git mirror is synced to the CVS repository.
>> If the CVS repo goes away or isn't updated any longer, then neither is
>> the git mirror.
>
> I see no reason why the people who setup&maintain the Git mirror will
> not be interested in having a Git mirror after we switch to any other
> VCS (except for Git, obviously).

Sure, tho I think the cvs-to-git syncing tool is by far the most
developed; I think it was actually David (Reiter) who asked on the git
list about bzr-to-git syncing tools, and IIRC, the replies didn't seem
so encouraging.

[Another problem is that even if another syncing tool is available,
I'm not sure what changing to another source-VCS/tool means for the
existing history in git...]

-Miles

--
Virtues, n. pl. Certain abstentions.