Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [MERGE REQUEST] changeset translation preparato

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [MERGE REQUEST] changeset translation preparatory work
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 20:39:57 -0400

On Sun, May 30, 2004 at 11:08:06PM +1000, Jamie Wilkinson wrote:
> I'm still not seeing why yourself and Miles are so defensive of the name
> '{arch}' appearing in my working copies.

You misunderstand.  I'm concerned about this change because I'm afraid it's
hairy enough to make tla buggier and hard to maintain, and I don't think the
arguments for it are very persuasive if that is true.

OTOH, if it's not as bad as it appears, then whatever, make your own
directories look like you please.

[I would be against changing the default though, at least based on the
rather flimsy basis presented ("none of my friends like {arch}!").]

Anyway, it's Tom's choice.  If he judges this change is safe enough,
then it probably is.

-miles
--
"Though they may have different meanings, the cries of 'Yeeeee-haw!' and
 'Allahu akbar!' are, in spirit, not actually all that different."