Re: GNU Herds' statistics -- browsers' support

From: Antenore Gatta
Subject: Re: GNU Herds' statistics -- browsers' support
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 11:13:07 +0200

> Including some on Firefox 2.1.3.1 and Firefox 0.10, apparently.  Have
> you tried to download those versions?  That's "non existent".
> Like many web stats, User-Agent headers are frequently faked.

We should have a testing team :-( to consider all the browsers...
But I think that we should consider the latest browser's development trunk.

So I think that we should test the latest prod (stable) versions, the
latest development, amaya for w3c compliance, Lynx for geek/scripting
purpose.

And maybe the previous prod release (ie Firefox 1.0)

As we are still in beta stage, I propose to add a link at the bottom
of the page like:

"Are you experiencing a problem displaying this page with your browser?"

Just I don't know if it's better to forward the visitor to the mailing
list or to a form to be filled with the issues...

Flames are welcome