Re: (1) Feedback about anything, (2) Project contact information

From: Antenore Gatta
Subject: Re: (1) Feedback about anything, (2) Project contact information
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 15:33:46 +0200

On 10/15/07, Davi Leal <address@hidden> wrote:
> Antenore Gatta wrote:

> > > Option 1:
> > >
> > >   "Please send broken links and other suggestions to
> > >    address@hidden, thank you."
> >
> > I prefer much more this option then the second one that it's too much
> > generic.
>
> I think the message which ask for feedback must be generic, to catch anything,
> not some specific type of.
> IMHO the Option-1 is too much specific. It does not expose explicitly others
> cases. What about:

Yes, now I agree with you. Too much specific it's not the right solution.

>   "Please send any feedback to address@hidden
>    Technical problems as broken links, bad page rendering, etc.
>    Any critic or suggestion.  GNU Herds works for you!"

I like this option even if it's sound odd... Just my impression...
I'm not enough good in English to propose something better but I would
suggest something similar to other community portal like:

Improving the Gnu Herds web site is important to us. If you have any
feedback, please send it to us at address@hidden

Or just an improvement of your.

So I agree with you, much more generic it's better.

> The 'feedback' text must be at every page, not hidden at a contact information
> page.

Yes.

> Perhaps such text can be improved, or another proposal could be exposed.
>

> > > Instead of adding something specific about "broken links", "problem
> > > displaying" or "suggestions", maybe we should add something more general:

Yes.

> > > Option 2:
> > >
> > >   "Send any flame, comment, feedback, etc. to
> > >    address@hidden"

Se above....

> > With should, maybe, add a section contact and include also this option.

I think that a contact section should be added in any case, I like
also the idea of a contact form, with anti spam measure.

> Right now,  the only contact information for the project is the association@
> email address.  Now, it is exposed at every webapp page, as it was requested
> at the below task:
>
>   task: GNU Herds - Free Software Association
>         Add contact information on every webpage
>
>         http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6784
>

> IMHO, later, if the association is incorporated we could add something similar
> to the below text:
>
>   "Please inquire about GNU by Email: address@hidden, Voice: +1-617-542-5942,
>    or Fax: +1-617-542-2652."
>
> and/or
>
>   "Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St - Fifth Floor,
>    Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA"

I still see this option far... Sorry for my "positive pessimism", I
prefer to think bad in the beginning... :-P

> We could add such contact information at the bottom of every page and/or at a
> new 'Contact' section.  Now we do not have such information, so we can not
> add it.

The footer?