Re: (1) Feedback about anything, (2) Project contact information

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: (1) Feedback about anything, (2) Project contact information
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 13:09:48 +0200

Antenore Gatta wrote:
> Davi Leal wrote:

> > Option 1:
> >
> >   "Please send broken links and other suggestions to
> >    address@hidden, thank you."
>
> I prefer much more this option then the second one that it's too much
> generic.

I think the message which ask for feedback must be generic, to catch anything,
not some specific type of.

IMHO the Option-1 is too much specific. It does not expose explicitly others
cases. What about:

  "Please send any feedback to address@hidden
   Technical problems as broken links, bad page rendering, etc.
   Any critic or suggestion.  GNU Herds works for you!"

The 'feedback' text must be at every page, not hidden at a contact information
page.

Perhaps such text can be improved, or another proposal could be exposed.

> > Instead of adding something specific about "broken links", "problem
> > displaying" or "suggestions", maybe we should add something more general:
> >

> > Option 2:
> >
> >   "Send any flame, comment, feedback, etc. to
> >    address@hidden"
>
> With should, maybe, add a section contact and include also this option.

Right now,  the only contact information for the project is the association@
email address.  Now, it is exposed at every webapp page, as it was requested
at the below task:

  task: GNU Herds - Free Software Association
        Add contact information on every webpage

        http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6784

IMHO, later, if the association is incorporated we could add something similar
to the below text:

  "Please inquire about GNU by Email: address@hidden, Voice: +1-617-542-5942,
   or Fax: +1-617-542-2652."

and/or

  "Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St - Fifth Floor,
   Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA"

We could add such contact information at the bottom of every page and/or at a
new 'Contact' section.  Now we do not have such information, so we can not
add it.

--
Flames are needed!