gomp-discuss

Re: [Gomp-discuss] Start of an OpenMP Implementation Spec

From: Biagio Lucini
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] Start of an OpenMP Implementation Spec
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:45:25 +0200

On Thursday 26 August 2004 00.22, Ross Towle wrote:
> Looking for comments. Is anybody interested in moving GOMP forward?

Hi Ross,

        many thanks for your letter and welcome among us. I think we *all* are
interested in moving gomp forward. The problem is that the project has big
pushes when new and enthusiast members like you join it, but they won't last
a forthnight. What we really need is someone who says "look: I'm here, ready
to hack something" or better "I did this and that: what do you think"?
Discussing theoretical proposals so far has brought us nowhere.

Going into the specific, your note looks fine with me, although it is not
clear to me whether you want to do a rewriting of the code and then a
gimplification or if the operations you describe apply to the middle end.

Hope you can lead us somewhere :-)

Cheers
Biagio

Biagio Lucini