gomp-discuss

Re: [Gomp-discuss] Start of an OpenMP Implementation Spec

From: Lars Segerlund
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] Start of an OpenMP Implementation Spec
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 18:15:55 +0200

 Well I did hack in the dummy lib, but no one even commented, so I dropped it.

 If we had the library interface down we could make libraries for different
configurations, thus supporting NUMA ( threads ), MPI, PVM and so on .

 A small MPI cluster is really cheap, perhaps $100 per node if you use cheap
motherboards with onboard gigabit lan and sempron CPU's or similar, thus I'm
still pushing for support for clusters in addition to threading since the
differences are easily overcome.

 I can do some library work, and I can have a look at gfortran, I haven't had
any time to do something worthwhile on it for a while, but I figure we can hook
into the part of the parser dealing with comments , and do the dirty work at
gimplification time , ( processing into something usefull later ).

 The point is, we have plenty of work to do, and large parts of it can be done
NOW independent of eachother.

 I will read the ompspec and comment, but I hope we can start to do something.

 / regards, Lars Segerlund.