human-beings-discuss

Re: [Human-beings-discuss] trying to move on

From: dams
Subject: Re: [Human-beings-discuss] trying to move on
Date: 09 Oct 2002 11:56:17 +0200

Guillaume Cottenceau <address@hidden> writes:

> dams <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > > To move on, I think I'm going to begin writing down the list of
> > > batiments, units, scientific improvements, and the rules
> > > governing the functioning of a city (in particular the ideas of
> > > efficiency depending on the organization of the city, the
> > > production and levy on the goods, how the population/units is
> > > handled) and then maybe try to begin coding.
> >
> > I'd like to help if I can, what can I do?
>
> Hum, I think you are already overworked by your daily work and
> libconf/ugtk hacking, no?

agreed :)

> As for the rest, I think that the first part which is "writing
> down the actual rules of the game" can't really be done
> distributed.
>
> The very first part, a.k.a now (and before) when we discussed the
> generic guidelines, and the beginning of the coding, can be
> distributed, I think, but not the writing of the rules.
>
> Well this is only my opinion. What do you think?

That's why I asked. I think writing the rules can be distributed at some level.
For example, discuss of each unit, and its properties, then freeze them, then
go to the next one, in a very precise manner, so that we have the exhaustive
set of units. After that, building the rule will be easier, even if it will
force some units/properties to be modified