human-beings-discuss

Re: [Human-beings-discuss] trying to move on

From: dams
Subject: Re: [Human-beings-discuss] trying to move on
Date: 09 Oct 2002 15:09:13 +0200

Guillaume Cottenceau <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> * removals
>
>     You don't destroy enemy batiments, you capture them (with a
>     cost of adaptation): more realistic, more interesting.

I vote to keep this feature, but with modifications, so that it is simple and
interesting:

a batiments can be reused. When reusing it, you have to rebuild it, it will
cost more depending of the state of the batiment after the fight (freom ruin to
inteact). rules:

 - the batiment can not be moved from the place it has bee destroyed.
 - the batiment will be available as soon as it is rebuilt, but with properties
   altered, like : higher level of civil war, obliged to keep armed units in
   the city for some time, politic (if any) side agressive (only a couple of
   regime can be set, no repulik or so). The bigger the batiment was destroyed,
   the bigger the properties alteration. those alterations will disapear with
   the time, and the batiment will be like one of yours, but maybe with some
   cool additionals features from the other "civ" batiments properties

How keep the "one big city" system?

 - have some unique batiments like emperor palace, congres ... that makes your
   city stronger, with better properties (increased population, attractive,
   etc...) so that it has 90% to be the biggest, the more prolific, and so on.

 - I'm sorry to talk about that again, but the best way to keep the game
   central (a "civ" attacking from its main city, no other too big citys) is to
   introduce fuel. Don't say no yet, read this : each unit needs fuel. Certain
   units can extract fuel, other transport them. you'll have truck, tanker (or
   equivalent). But everything *fully* automated ! The user won't have to do
   anything to refuel, the units will do that themselves. BUT it's very usefull
   because you cannot take 2 cars and discover the entire map. It prevent from
   attacking with only attack units, 2000 kms away, complitely cut from the
   city/refulling system. And it brings a lot of strategic things, like
   attacking fuel truck instead of defending units. So a week enemy has not
   lost the game. amha you whould think about it again, you'll see that it
   brings usefull things. And if you automates everything concerning
   refuelling, you don't have bad side.

sorry for my poor english