Re: Old messages missing on the present newsgroup

From: Andrzej Adam Filip
Subject: Re: Old messages missing on the present newsgroup
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 19:57:31 +0200

Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> writes:
> [...]
> Andrzej, your indication seems very interesting:
> I put in my ~/.gnus.el the stuff reported in the info:
>

>      (setq gnus-refer-article-method
>            '(current
>              (nnweb "google" (nnweb-type google))))
>

> , then in the nntp+news.gnus.org:gnu.emacs.gnus summary buffer I did 'M-^'
> and entered the Message-ID I was looking for; I waited for a while for
> gnus to search into google, then the message:
>

> Opening nnweb server on google...done
> Contacting host: www.google.com:80
> Contacting host: groups.google.com:80
> Trying again (2)...
> Contacting host: www.google.com:80
> Requested article not found
> Generating summary...done
> Fetched article <97a048c6.0409120237.7ad4c627@posting.google.com>
> No such article (may have expired or been canceled)
> Contacting host: groups.google.com:80
>

> . Should I give it up and accept the defeat?
> But I insist that the article is present in Google archives, at:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/gnu.emacs.gnus/browse_thread/thread/6bb69dcdf1548e17/10c9d5f223a33d19?q=medina&rnum=4#10c9d5f223a33d19

> here:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/info-gnus-english/2004-09/msg00114.html
>
> , so it *can't* be really expired or canceled, and there *must* (or should)
> be a way to fetch it via gnus.
> Other toughts/suggestions?

One source suggest that google may be picky about browser:
http://my.gnus.org/node/95?PHPSESSID=dae6988877b26346b80f5fedd707cf40&menus_expanded%5B1%5D=1&PHPSESSID=dae6988877b26346b80f5fedd707cf40
[it did not help]

Another source states the method may to "survive" changes in google
replies format:
http://www.gnus.org/manual/gnus_189.html

--
[pl2en Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi@priv.onet.pl : anfi@xl.wp.pl