Re: Problems with `nnweb' mode

From: Rodolfo Medina
Subject: Re: Problems with `nnweb' mode
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 12:04:49 +0200

Tassilo wrote:

> Try:
>
>     `G w RET <419g22duprrhohcfaf84srcl0bdrljsjnl@4ax.com> RET'
>
> This works for me and a new summary buffer should appear containing some
> messages by me and the original message with above's MID.
>
> But first you have to make sure, that google is in your
> `gnus-refer-article-method'.
>
> ,----[ C-h v gnus-refer-article-method RET ]
> | gnus-refer-article-method is a variable defined in `gnus.el'.
> | Its value is
> | (current
> |  (nnweb "google"
> |         (nnweb-type google)))
> `----
>
> If that's not the case, you need to set it in your ~/.gnus.el.
>
> (setq gnus-refer-article-method
>       '(current
>         (nnweb "google"
>                (nnweb-type google))))

I did as you suggest: in my ~/.gnus.el I put the above stuff,
closed emacs, opened up emacs, started Gnus and did:
`C-h v gnus-refer-article-method RET',
and the following message appeared:

gnus-refer-article-method is a variable defined in `gnus.el'.
Its value is
(current
 (nnweb "google"
        (nnweb-type google)))

. Then I did:
`G w RET <419g22duprrhohcfaf84srcl0bdrljsjnl@4ax.com> RET';
but, as I reported in my very first message of the present long thread,
all the messages displayed by Gnus are *completely blank*.

I strongly please you all Gnus experts, if a solution to the problem
has ever been found, to kindly provide it in the present thread also
for gnus-newbie people like me.

Thanks,
Rodolfo