Re: Problems with `nnweb' mode (was: Old messages missing on the present

From: Rodolfo Medina
Subject: Re: Problems with `nnweb' mode (was: Old messages missing on the present newsgroup)
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 15:04:18 +0200

Rodolfo wrote:

> Some old messages sent to the present newsgroup
> are not accessible, it seems, if I search for them via
> nntp server, whereas they're seen through web interface
> and also in the archives of the info-gnus-english@gnu.org mailing list.
> How come?
>
> [snip]
>
> Other threads are only partially accessible via nntp.
>
> Any thought/suggestion?

The Gnus Manual says:

Rodolfo wrote:

> I installed emacs-w3m and also the `url' package,
> but the message gnus finds with the above procedure (`G w' etcetera)
> are all completely blank.

It seems to be solved, now.
All I had to do was to update my cvs copies of emacs and gnus and put
in my ~/.gnus.el the following stuff:

(setq gnus-refer-article-method
      '(current
        (nnweb "google"
               (nnweb-type google))))

. Then, in the group buffer, I did:
`G w RET <search string> RET'
an Gnus displayed the message(s) corrispondent to the search string.
Many kind thanks to Tassilo and all the other posters in the present thread.

But now:
suppose I want to continue an old thread:
I can fetch it with the above procedure, but how can I follow it up to the
gnu.emacs.gnus newsgroup?
If I do `S n' (or `S N') in the Article buffer and then try to send it with
`C-c C-c', gnus says:

Sending...
Really use this possibly unknown group: gnu.emacs.gnus? (y or n)
Sending news via m2lkugcom8.fsf-ephemeral using nnweb...
nnweb-request-post not implemented
Couldn't send message via news: nnweb-request-post not implemented

. Is it possible, and how, to send a follow up to an old message displayed
with `nnweb' mode?
It is clear that one wants to fetch old messages via gnus in order to:
1) store them;
2) maybe continue them.

Any ideas?
Thanks,