Re: Problems with `nnweb' mode

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Problems with `nnweb' mode
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 17:38:08 +0200

Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Rodolfo,

> by pressing RET on a message-id *nothing* happens;

Weird. Here I get an blank message...

> hitting ^ on an article in the nntp+news.gnus.org:gnu.emacs.gnus
> summary buffer, the previous message is opened;
> with `M-^ <message-id>' in the nntp+news.gnus.org:gnu.emacs.gnus
> (maybe you meant that, not `^'?),

I meant hitting `^' on an article whos parent is not available anymore,
so that this has to be fetched.

> the following is written in the Messages buffer:
>
> Opening nnweb server on google...done
> Contacting host: www.google.com:80
> Contacting host: groups.google.com:80 [2 times]
> Requested article not found
> Generating summary...done
> Fetched article <97a048c6.0409120237.7ad4c627@posting.google.com>
> No such article (may have expired or been canceled)

In <87psjuu1v6.fsf@baldur.nicundtas.de> I described the same
behavior. But now I'm running out of ideas...

I'd like to know if there's anyone for whom nnweb (google) fully works.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
98% of us Americans are hard-working people. It's the other 2% that give
us a bad reputation. Then again, we did elect them.