Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Translating large text blocks and transifex

From: Hakan Tandogan
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Translating large text blocks and transifex
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 22:23:11 +0100

On 07.01.2013 21:51, Guttorm Flatabø wrote:
Good evening Hakan,

It does not vanish, it is saved in the Transifex translation memory, and
translators can access it from there with the suggestions feature in the
Transifex UI, I used it yesterday for the two translations I made.

Ah, I was not aware of the translation memory... Still so much stuf to learn :-)

Doing this could be useful even though Transifex has a the translation
memory feature, as shorter texts will always be easier to handle for the
translator.

True.

Which one, split messages or move them? I don't think you should move
things out of the regular "translation system".

First step, splitting messages. I think this is really necessary.

If and when we decide to move stuff like fixed URLs to config, like the {{about_url}}, this can be done later on after everything stabilizes for a little time.

Regards,
Hakan