Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Translating large text blocks and transifex

From: Hakan Tandogan
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Translating large text blocks and transifex
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 22:47:35 +0100

On 07.01.2013 22:19, Guttorm Flatabø wrote:
I forgot to mention that tiny changes, such as punctuation or changing a
URL, changes that don't need translation or are too unimportant to
bother the translators, should be handled by the developers manually.
Instead of generating new .po-files for every language you use search
and replace to replace the source string in all the translations before
pushing to Transifex. See stackoverflow
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8288050/can-i-automatically-update-msgids-in-gettexts-po-files-for-trivial-text-change/10530845#10530845>.

The downside of such manual operation is, of course, the missing automation part. My intention at the beginning was to automate as much as possible of the translation part so the devs can concentrate on coding, translators on translating, and everything else happens by magic.

I guess, for the beginning, I'll generate the templates on my jenkins instance, but push them manually to transifex if and when appropiate. Better to write a script and watch how it behaves for some time :-)

Regards,
Hakan