Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Translating large text blocks and transifex

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Translating large text blocks and transifex
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 09:41:40 +0100

Hello Guttorm,

2013/1/7 Guttorm Flatabø <address@hidden>:
> I forgot to mention that tiny changes, such as punctuation or changing a
> URL, changes that don't need translation or are too unimportant to bother
> the translators, should be handled by the developers manually. Instead of
> generating new .po-files for every language you use search and replace to
> replace the source string in all the translations before pushing to
> Transifex.

I'm not fond of more manual work put on developer shoulders.

Moreover, regarding such small changes, I remember that PO translation
tools like POedit can handle _fuzzy translations_ where, when a text
is slightly modified, the translated text is kept and marked as
"fuzzy", meaning "same translation or slightly different". A simple
click validate validate the translation if there is nothing to change.
Hasn't Transifex such a capability?

Best regards,
david