Re: [Mldonkey-users] GuiProtocol - official spec

From: Jörg Maisenbacher
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] GuiProtocol - official spec
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 22:41:33 +0100

Ofer Nave wrote:

Attention any MLDonkey developers, or developers who have worked on MLDonkey GUIs.

I would like to implement the GuiProtocol in perl in a module form, so that others can painlessly interface with MLDonkey in perl. I would like to get an official spec for the GuiProtocol, but the best thing I can find so far is:

http://mldonkey.lemmster.de/wiki/index.php/GuiProtocol

What do all the people who develop the various gui clients use as their
reference?

-ofer

> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, Ofer Nave wrote:
> So is learning OCaml and reading the source the only way to get the exact
> details of the protocol?

You don't have to learn OCAML, at least i didn't. If you have little programming skills, you will be able to recognize function-calls, or the equvalents in OCAML and so on. And then you will see, how the gui-messages are built, and ...and... and...

For this, use editor with syntax-coloring, makes things a lot easier.

Dek