Re: [Mldonkey-users] GuiProtocol - official spec

From: Ofer Nave
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] GuiProtocol - official spec
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:26:57 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005, Petter E. Stokke wrote:

> On Tuesday 25 January 2005 22:41, Jörg Maisenbacher wrote:
> > You don't have to learn OCAML, at least i didn't. If you have little
> > programming skills, you will be able to recognize function-calls, or the
> > equvalents in OCAML and so on. And then you will see, how the
> > gui-messages are built, and ...and... and...
>
> Although I personally have to agree that the mldonkey source is extremely
> readable in this regard (and I can't speak a word of OCaml), there's always
> the option of reading the KMLDonkey (libkmldonkey) source if you find C++
> easier to read. It's only a client side implementation, of course, but it's a
> complete implementation as of 2.5.16 at least.

That's a great tip.  Worst case, when I get confused on one item I can
bounce to the other reference to get new perspective on it.

Now, can someone explain to me the relationship between MLDonkey versions
and GuiProtocol versions?  Is it simply a matter of checking the protocol
version constant in the MLDonkey version I'm looking at?

-ofer