Re: is monit just a pain in the arse or what ?

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: is monit just a pain in the arse or what ?
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 17:46:58 +0200

On 27. jul. 2007, at 17.08, andrew taylor wrote:

I found an error in my monitrc where I specified the wrong path for a pid. After the check interval, monit now shows my process as running. I was pretty frustrated that when I used the monit command it usually just paused and then said "cannot read status from the monit daemon", does a bad pid path normally cause this ???

No, should not be related. Anyway, you may want to update to the latest version of monit. The one in ubuntu is 4.8.1 and there has been bugfix changes, though not particular to the problems you had, I believe.