pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] testers needed -- and if you use alt.binaries, you *want

From: Robert Marshall
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] testers needed -- and if you use alt.binaries, you *want* to try this...
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 07:21:03 +0000

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Brad Sims wrote:

> Hrm, it appears that the CVS version is indeed faster but
> it doesn't want to queue up packages for download I
> let it sit for a few minutes and it never started the download

It also doesn't appear to like tasks being cancelled - claims they're being
removed but it just carries on. Then a bit later on pan disappears in a
cloud of smoke!

free(): invalid pointer 0x82e1a48!
(Null) - file server.c: line 572 (server_is_valid): assertion
`server->_group_memchunk!=NULL' failed
(Null) - file group.c: line 567 (group_is_valid): assertion `server_is_valid
(group->server)' failed
(Null) - file group.c: line 1331 (group_get_newsrc_read_string): assertion
`group_is_valid(group)' failed
(Null) - file server.c: line 572 (server_is_valid): assertion
`server->_group_memchunk!=NULL' failed
(Null) - file group.c: line 567 (group_is_valid): assertion `server_is_valid
(group->server)' failed
(Null) - file group.c: line 1365 (group_get_purged_string): assertion
`group_is_valid (group)' failed

I get core files but the stack appears to have been trampled on!

Robert
--
Links and things http://rmstar.blogspot.com/