Re: [Savannah-hackers] Simulavr CVS login

From: Keith Gudger
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Simulavr CVS login
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 10:49:11 -0800 (PST)

Now that Savannah is back up, I'm trying to get this working again.
Without pserver, how do I get throught the "fascist firewall"?  I don't
see any ideas on Savannah for how to do this.  Here is what I've tried and
the results:

 cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/simulavr update
simulavr
ssh: connect to address 199.232.41.4 port 22: No route to host
cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)

This is a typical response when I can't get through the firewall.  Next I
tried to use "443" to get through...

 cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:443/cvsroot/simulavr update
simulavr
cvs update: CVSROOT port specification is only valid for gserver, kserver,
cvs update: and pserver connection methods.
cvs [update aborted]: Bad CVSROOT:
`:ext:address@hidden:443/cvsroot/simulavr'.

Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Keith