Re: Swarm Journal

From: Nelson Minar
Subject: Re: Swarm Journal
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 16:25:46 -0400

Since everyone else is weighing in.. I think the idea of a Swarm
specific journal is pretty silly. Talk about marginalization! There
have to already be forums for publishing results of agent-based models.

The thing that brought this up in the first place was the idea that
people should publish (Swarm) models *with* their papers. I think
that's a fine idea, and it's hard to do with the existing journal
structures. Maybe some sort of web adjunct to a conventional journal
would be appropriate. Point to it in the journal paper, maybe if
you're lucky you can clear copyright and get the journal article
online as well.

But putting that together is a lot of work.