Re: [Synaptic-devel] crashing problem and translation issues

From: Leendert Meyer
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] crashing problem and translation issues
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 14:31:57 +0200

On Friday 22 October 2004 23:27, Michael Vogt wrote:
> I'm considering to put the log-file
> feature in. I have some proof of concept code ready that is able to
> log all of the package manager output (tested under debian so
> far). But I wonder if it's usefull as the logfile may become pretty
> large. OTOH it will be a optional feature anyway.

Great, logfiles! :)

Apt logs activities, like install, remove, upgrade. That is exactly what I
would like to have in a log file (together with time, date, package
name-release-version, and the old package name-release-version in case of
upgrade).

So I would suggest something similar. If you log more messages, it would be
nice to turn them off to get a 'minimal' log output like apt does.

Instead of choosing between logfile 'on' or 'off', it could become:

  ( ) off
  (*) minimal
  ( ) verbose

Cheers,