Re: [Synaptic-devel] crashing problem and translation issues

From: Chris Miles
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] crashing problem and translation issues
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 18:27:27 +0100

Leendert Meyer wrote:

On Monday 18 October 2004 11:27, Chris Miles wrote:

How was I to know that "update" meant "update list of available packages and
versions" rather than update my system?

If you hover with the mouse over the 'Reload' button, a hint is displayed:

 'Refresh the list of known packages'

Would that be enough info to make it clear to you?
I might still have had a question: is it going to check over my system (i.e. like up2date -p) or is it going to fetch the list from elsewhere.

Certainly I would be clear that I was not going to update my system.

Chris