Re: [Adonthell-devel] Looking to help!

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Looking to help!
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 12:54:58 +0100

On Feb 9, 2008 5:58 AM, Tyler Nielsen <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ok.  I ran into a segmentation fault with both gfxtest and worldtest with
> the patch applied.

Yesterday I only tried gfxtest.py and that worked fine. With
worldtest, I get the following:

0   libadonthell_gfx.0.dylib    0x004ab9a4
gfx::setup(base::configuration&) + 500 (surfacecacher.h:100)
1   libadonthell_main.0.dylib   0x000d6620
adonthell::app::init_modules(unsigned short const&) + 128
(adonthell.cc:99)
2   worldtest                   0x00005694 world_test::main() + 52
(worldtest.cc:322)
3   _sdl.so                     0x0070db80 -[SDLMain
applicationDidFinishLaunching:] + 76
[...]

The difference seems to be that gfxtest.py does not call gfx::setup()
... something that should be changed ... maybe those individual module
init functions shouldn't be accessible from python, to force the call
to modules_init() which will setup everything properly.

Anyway, I haven't had a chance to debug yet. The stacktrace should
help, however.

> > Let me know if there is anything else that needs worked on!

There is plenty :-). Are you interested in doing some of the GUI work?
  http://adonthell.berlios.de/doc/index.php/Tasks:Widget_Set

Or item integration?
  http://adonthell.berlios.de/doc/index.php/Tasks:Items_on_Map

Both of them will need some discussion first, as those tasks are more
complex than the gfx cache.

Kai