Re: [Adonthell-devel] Looking to help!

From: Rian Shelley
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Looking to help!
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 14:31:12 -0700

On Feb 8, 2008 2:05 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Feb 8, 2008 5:41 PM, Rian Shelley <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > I believe that I have successfully implemented all of your suggestions:
>
> That was fast :-).
It doesnt take much time, I just have to sit down and do it

> > All of the underscores in the method names should be gone
>
> Oops. Should have been the other way round (i.e. conditional_purge or
> set_max_mem). Sorry, if I confused you.

I guess I'm not used to using them, so I was going through and
correcting all of my usual style mistakes :D

> One final thing that could be done now, is generating the Python
> wrappers for the new cache class. That is usually achieved by
> including new classes in the corresponding module under
> src/py-wrappers/adonthell. In our case, that would be adding the line
> '%include "gfx/surfacecacher.h"' to the end of py_gfx.i. SWIG will
> then take care of the rest.

I've done a lot of C++ and a lot of Python, but this will be the first
time I've ever done both...

> With the wrapper in place, a test script could be written (see
> examples in the test/ directory) that would serve two purposes:
> * act as a usage example
> * allow (some) regression testing in case of code changes

I've actually already written one. I just didn't include it in the zip file.

> Since Tyler will integrate your code with his own, I'm not sure how
> much sense it makes to do that right now, as things might change a
> bit. But if you want to get more familiar with that aspect of the
> engine, you could give it a shot.

I'll wait and see what he thinks.