Re: [Adonthell-general] [OT] screenshots not being displayed at adonthe

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] [OT] screenshots not being displayed at adonthell website
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 12:31:17 +0200

  http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox2/

> I have been trying to see what's been happening at the Adonthell
> development side . I looked the archives of the development list as
> well as the general list .

Huh? Where did you see that? It's true that there is a lot of spam to
the lists, but it's all filtered before it goes into the "official"
archive:

  http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/adonthell-devel/
  http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/adonthell-general/

I've seen that other places that mirror the lists sometimes get the
spam, but not sure if there is much to be done about that.

> If needed I can look at them on a week-end basis. Looking if
> spam is there and delete it retroactively.
> (Sort of volunteering) . Lemme know what you think about that.

Depending on where you happened across the spam, this could be an option.

> Also could you guys think of having a sort of mail/feed list kind of
> thing to complement the Adonthell news .
> http://adonthell.linuxgames.com/news/index.shtml . I wanted to see the
> archives of the Adonthell news (previous posts) but that seems to be
> impossible.

There had been a news archive while the perl code was still working,
but now that everything is static, it's kind of hard to keep old news
without letting the page grow too much. I could maybe offer one
archive page that will grow infinitely and move all the old stuff
there. Need to dig out the old stuff from CVS first, however :-).

> It would also do good to have a video out once in a while
> as well me thinks.

I want to do that once the map for the Waste's Edge remake is far
enough. The first highlights to show would be the path-finding (where
NPCs will actually stick to roads instead of taking shortcuts across
the lawn) and the transitions when entering buildings and going up or
down stairs. Maybe some jumping and falling too. So yeah, it's on my
todo list, will just take a while before it can happen.

> I really like most of the work grumbel does.

Yeah. Too bad we can't have him as fulltime artist/developer! But he's
certainly one of the more notable personalities of the open source
gaming scene, so we're already lucky to get his attention and support
every now and then :-).

Kai