Re: elementary OS

From: Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
Subject: Re: elementary OS
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 19:38:25 +0100

Am 10.02.2014 um 17:45 schrieb Patryk Laurent:

Bad news: I must say that I, too, was completely shocked by the ban.

Me too.

For a "discuss" list, it seems to me that participants should feel free to openly express and discuss their views.

Especially on a FSF project list. Or is freedom of speech no longer of any importance?

 How many discuss-gnustep members are even more hesitant to do so now?

Me for example. This is the fifth attempt to write some contribution, but I find myself deleting everything and starting over because I think I can't say that any more.

I am also starting to wonder why I still devote so much time for this list and such topics. Maybe because I have the feeling that I must help to rescue the project from insignificance.

I don't like the model of only being allowed to contribute to code and otherwise have to be silent. For that, I do not need this project or community.

Nikolaus

Patryk