Re: Question about completion behavior

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Question about completion behavior
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 20:34:18 +0200

>>> (for example to remove it or add properties like intangible, a face etc)
>>> could we also add a sort of counter there to indicate the total number
>>> of candidates?
>>
>>Good idea.
>
> Done, please check it. Should we give it a default value?

Thanks.  Maybe better to have the whole string with all text properties
as the default value of 'completion-header-text-property-list'
that then could be renamed to e.g. 'completion-header-string'?

Regarding 'completion-lazy-count': it would be even better to allow
customization of this format like in 'icomplete-matches-format'
that was recently added in 28.1.