Re: What does use-package do?

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: What does use-package do?
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2022 00:50:12 -0400

It allows the user to declaratively configure a required package. There are
several “best practices” when writing startup config that will load quickly and
efficiently, and use-package effectively abstracts these practices for the user.

I originally wrote it to eliminate a lot of boilerplate and duplication in my
own high efficiency unit.el file (with hundreds of packages configured, but
less than one second Emacs load time).

John