Re: What does use-package do?

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: What does use-package do?
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 22:13:22 -0700

> Honestly, I don't like use-package because it has surprising behavior that
> often seems nosy.  That is why leaf was created, to organize/reduce the
> features that use-package has and to give user a better interface, which is
> why it cannot be integrated.

You have mentioned this a few times, Naoya, but again I'll say that
use-package 2.0 completely reorganized its internal structure so functions are
fully modular and can be added/changed/removed however you wish. I'm not sure
what you mean by "nosy" or "suprising" behavior, but if you wanted you could
revise how _all_ of the declarative keywords behave. Everything is
configurable these days, and this is how the core functionality is implemented
also.