Re: Grammar checking

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Grammar checking
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2023 05:40:34 +0200

Richard Stallman wrote:

>> Grammarly is not Free Software, AFAIK, so using it in Emacs
>> is out of the question.
>
> Exactly right. The purpose of GNU Emacs, and the purpose of
> improving it, is to advance what people can do in freedom,
> and spread freedom. We shouldn't let the means run away with
> the ends.

That's right, if it's possible to do the right way, no excuse
not to do it the right way. All it takes is time and effort.
And if it doesn't happen, ever - this is a clear indication no
one cared about it enough to actually do it - and if not
a single one, no one ever did it, maybe that says something
how important it was to begin with ...

I've seen this so many times, in so many places. Compromise,
deadline, double standards, it always blows up in the end.

Little by little against the goal always beats trying to
outsmart the problem to achieve a quick fix, compromising
standards and ideals, just because of the perception it "has
to" happen this instant ...

No shortcuts to the top!

--
underground experts united