Re: Grammar checking

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Grammar checking
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 22:22:07 -0400

  > There's this directory in languagetool's source code that appears to
  > provide infrastructure for using some RPC protocol for "MLServer"s:

https://github.com/languagetool-org/languagetool/tree/master/languagetool-core/src/main/java/org/languagetool/rules/ml.

If we wamt to use the free version of Languagetool, this raiss
important questions.  First of all, does the program as currently
released try by default to use tha remote protocol?

Secondarily, how much of the usefulness of that program as currently
released if we turn that off?  And how would we modify the release
to turn that off?

If the program as currently released does NOT try ny default to use
tha protocol, is there something that they invite users to do so as
to start using it?  We might want to delete that feature from the version
we distribute, so we don't end up distributing SaaSS unknowingly.