Re: [GNU ELPA] eglot-x.el: Protocol extensions for Eglot

From: Ruijie Yu
Subject: Re: [GNU ELPA] eglot-x.el: Protocol extensions for Eglot
Date: Fri, 05 May 2023 21:18:23 +0800

Didn't look into its sources, but the idea definitely sounds good.  Some
in-line comments below regarding the commentary you attached.

Felician Nemeth <felician.nemeth@gmail.com> writes:

> I'd like to submit a new package called eglot-x to ELPA.  Its commentary
> starts with:
>
> ;; Eglot supports (a subset of) the Language Server Protocol.  However,

I think you should mention (as you did down below) that eglot only
supports standardized protocol features of the LSP, in particular,
_nothing more_ -- hence your package to support commonly-used, yet not
standardized protocol specs.  Thoughts?

> ;; there are useful protocol extensions that are not part of the
> ;; official protocol specification.  Eglot-x adds support for some of
> ;; them.  If you find a bug in Eglot, please, try to reproduce it

New paragraph here at "if"?

> ;; without Eglot-x, because Eglot-x is substantially modifies Eglot's

Syntax: change "is substantially modifies" into either "substantially
modifies" or "has substantially modified".

--
Best,

RY