Re: [GNU ELPA] eglot-x.el: Protocol extensions for Eglot

From: Felician Nemeth
Subject: Re: [GNU ELPA] eglot-x.el: Protocol extensions for Eglot
Date: Sat, 06 May 2023 15:12:14 +0200

I can surely try to submit these extension one-by-one as patches to
Eglot, but my first attempt was friendly rejected, so I think a package
collecting these rejected extension is a good thing.  Also, even my
patches implementing standard LSP features take a long time to be
processed, so temporarily collecting some extensions in the eglot-x
package allows me to work in my own pace.

Sometime ago, I collected the internal variables, functions, and advised
functions that eglot-x uses from Eglot in order to help to refine
Eglot's public API:

  https://github.com/joaotavora/eglot/discussions/802#discussioncomment-2171239

If it helps, I can explain one by one why it was necessary to use them.